Department: Game Art Studio
GlobalStep is a world leader in technology services with offices in the US, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 300 AAA Video Game titles where the delivery of a unique and immersive digital experience was the focus of the customer purchase.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
What will you do ?
We believe, bringing a game to life is a special craft.
Video game concept art is important not only for the game developers but also for the players. It helps players understand the game better and gives them a chance to see the game before it is released.
As a Concept artist you will be responsible for the look and feel of a video game. You will create the environment with which players shall interact.
Environment concept art creates the game world itself.
This includes everything from landscapes and architecture to interiors and small details. As an Environment concept artist, you shall aim at making sure that the game world looks believable and cohesive while being visually interesting enough to explore.
Ideate, Innovate, create an amazing playable world by using your traditional, technological art capabilities to empower 3D artist to create high quality game visuals that contribute to the success of AA/AAA game titles
- Work collaboratively with the Art Director to define the game’s visual identity, artistic vision, and create a coherent visual style for environment (2D/3D, illustrations…).
- Brainstorm ideas for gameplay locations with Design and Art teams.
- Paint detailed environmental prop concepts and draw fast and detailed line art environment designs.
- Interpret creative briefs and produce artwork that takes into account context, timeframes, and technical limitations.
- Develop and refine artwork from initial sketch to final polish, ensuring it is well presented and defined.
- Offer various creative alternatives and iterate on them throughout the project’s progression and to establish the expected style for concepts.
- Ability to communicate ideas via mood board and storyboards for references.
- Collect and catalogue references, perform competitive analysis, and develop research strategies under the Art Director’s guidance.
- Ability to work on a variety of Art styles and adapt to different game genres (Realistic, Stylized and Toony environments)
- Must have 4+ years of experience in creating environment concept artwork for games and relative portfolio.
- Strong understanding of art aesthetics (grasp of colour, light, composition, perspective, depth, rendering skills).
- Understanding of 2D/3D Game art production pipeline/workflow.
- Experienced working in Agile team environment.
- Understanding of current/past trends in gaming industry.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones on the project.
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.