The LQA Director will be responsible for setting up our Localization QA offering in Europe and for the successful delivery of all insourced or outsourced LQA projects across Europe. We are looking for someone who will cultivate and develop our Localization QA offering, helping to grow and develop the capability of our teams.
As part of the global Localization QA leadership team, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality of the projects delivered out of Europe (budgeting, strategy, performance management and execution of the plan), whilst meeting company targets.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assessing client requirements and proposing solutions accordingly
- Building a team around you to support the delivery of Localization QA projects out of Europe.
- Ensuring the client requirements are delivered with excellence
- Develop professional relationships with targeted clients and maintain strategic relationships with existing clients
- Understanding of the client business and SLA of the project
- Single point of contact for client
- Manage client deliverables and revenue streams
- Own the implementation and management of LQA operations to support organizational objectives
- Analyse and determine resource requirements to support current LQA needs
- Develop, set, evaluate, and evolve the standards for success across the service line
- Ensure adequate staffing, training, and technical support on all the projects
- Meeting revenue and margin targets for the service line
- Work with sales for new business proposals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in Localization QA, with significant experience in a leadership role
- University Degree in a relevant field of studies or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in games QA testing preferably in an outsourced environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English and another language ideally
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving / critical thinking.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in all situations, especially under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Client-centred mind-set.
- Experience with test management tools.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Coverage
- Excellent holiday entitlement plus public holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Annual Performance & Pay Review
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.