GlobalStep is a world leader in technology services with offices in the US, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 300 AAA Video Game titles where the delivery of a unique and immersive digital experience was the focus of the customer purchase.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
We are looking for a talented unity developer to join our design team. As a unity developer, you will be responsible for planning and implementing game functionality, building the game code, identifying bottlenecks, and ensuring the quality of the finished product. You may also be required to build patches and install game updates.
What will you do ?
As a Senior Game Designer, you will:
- Create and document high level as well as full-fledged game concepts.
- Prototype game concepts and mechanics in collaboration with developers.
- Plan, design and create all game elements needed for a new IP.
- Provide direction to all involved development branches.
- Analyse target player sentiment and requirements.
- Write scripts and storyboards.
- Co-ordinate, oversee development and QA processes.
- Lead and direct UX design of games
- Lead, mentor a team of Level Designers and drive innovation in Level Design
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor, Collaborate & Lead the pool of Game Designers / Level Designers
- Help to create levels for an immersive gameplay scenario.
- Work with internal tools and create levels from concept to final polish
- Conduct level progress evaluations with the team to provide feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game
- Locate and fix issues in both your own and your team’s work
- Work closely with designers on the customer side and continuously adapt to feedback/expectations quickly and better the quality of deliverables
- Create daily/ weekly/quarterly status for the project/ projects to be shared with client.
- Manage resources designers working on projects
- Creating new game pitch with core game idea, mechanics, USP, etc., and present it to stakeholders and greenlighting the game for production.
- Drive prototyping, mechanics, pacing, tuning, tutorial/FTUE, usability, level ramp, story, meta-structure, aesthetics and creative vision of projects assigned
- Detailing the design thoroughly in the form as Game Design Doc (GDD) and help the production team.
- Ability to convey a design through storyboards, not pages of text
- Able to possess a thorough understanding of game play theory
- 7+ years of Exp in Game Designing & Level Designing
- Experience in interacting with international clients across time zones
- Should have handled multiple projects for mobile/PC gaming
- Should be creative, imaginative, unique, and original
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong in presenting your ideas both verbally and on paper
- In depth understanding of game design and level design a must
- Good knowledge of game design tools & game development technologies
Experience, Expertise and Track Record:
- 5+ relevant years of experience in game designing / development experience and significant contribution to a major title that shipped
- relevant years of experience in team management
- Passion for game design and level design
- Strong experience in Gameplay and Economy design
- Ability to quickly learn toolset and become a subject matter expert
- Experience with design production tools and level editing pipelines
- Positive CAN-DO attitude, strong work ethic, meticulous attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Passion, enthusiasm, and experience with casual games genre
- Experience conducting playtests autonomously
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with Unity Engine, Unreal Engine would be a plus.
- Good in visual design and drawing skills
- Domain – Must have worked on a game development for mobile platform
- Game Development Environment – Understands the nuances of game development environment specially work closely with development team
- Effective Communications – Should be able to work and communicate independently with diverse set of team members spread globally.
GlobalStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.