Reports to: Manager, Quality Engineering
Who We Are!
GlobalStep is a world leader in providing industry-leading technology services to the Games Industry. Our lines of service include Development, Games QA, Translation, Localisation Quality Assurance (LQA), Player Support, Playtest Analysis, Software Testing, Application Development, and Content Management.
Delivery Excellence is one of our Brand Principles, we provide our services from our operational centres located in the USA, Canada, India, UK, and Romania. Our clients span the full spectrum of the Games industry.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design, create and maintain tools and solutions that increase QA productivity
- Work with the Product Owner/s to ensure we are clear on customer requirements
- Demo in-progress development efforts to stakeholders, and iterate based on feedback
- Ensure data posted from our tools can enable accurate reporting of availability and utilisation
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
- Shadow QA teams and assist with analysis of process / technical bottlenecks and mitigations
- Represent global tool suite status – progress, risks, mitigations to stakeholders
- Test Services
- Developers & Producer/s
- Engineering and Certification Services
- IT Support Group (PDIT)
Required Skills and capabilities
- 8+ years’ experience with C#, Java
- SQL or similar DB creation and maintenance experience
- Good understanding of computers, Windows, networks, etc.
- Critical thinker and problem solver that knows when to ask for help
- Highly motivated, autonomous, and proactive
- Strong task management
- Front and back end web dev experience
- Experience working in agile project environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Broad interest in the games industry