Job Location: Remote
You name it, we’ve done it. GlobalStep partners with the world’s leading game studios and innovative brands, bringing compelling and high impact digital experiences to life, fast and flawless. Our specialized gaming practice has helped leading video game studios launch and support over 300 AAA Video Game titles where the delivery of a unique and immersive digital experience was the focus of the customer purchase.
Serving leading and disruptive brands since 2006, we use proprietary tools, frameworks, and our deep client experience to provide end-to-end comprehensive suite of services across the product and customer lifecycle. These services include design, development, quality assurance, localization, player support and analytics.
With a global set of service locations across 3 continents, we have a tightly integrated services model across geographies and lines of service aimed and focused on the success of our clients.
Due to continued global growth, GlobalStep has a new opportunity for a VP of our Localization and Localization QA Services. This is a global position with responsibilities for revenue growth in UK, Europe, North America, and Asia
Your life at GlobalStep
- Representing GlobalStep in the industry.
- Leading the Global operations of the Localization and Localization QA services via close cooperation with the Directors, Managers, Project Managers and the Leads.
- Making sure operational issues are resolved in timely manner and according to company’s procedures and good practices.
- Upholding organization’s policies and standards, as well and working closely with the Sr VP and key members to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive work environment.
- Provide thought leadership by identifying new creative ways to working, areas for growth and improvement to quality and scale the business.
- Researching new technologies, tools etc in the market and ensure GlobalStep team is up to speed in adapting them.
- Taking executive decisions regarding the recruitment, management, strategic goals, budget, workflows, and efficiency of the teams.
- Responsible for the P&L of the Global Localization and LQA services practice – resourcing levels, capacity planning, ROI.
- Prepare and review proposals based on RFPs and RFIs from new clients.
- Do the needs assessment from the prospects/clients and then should be able to create the solution based on the needs:
- Extend the thinking and vision of the client during the needs assessment phase and on an ongoing basis with consultative solutions approach.
- Provides options and makes decisions about the balance between quality, time, and cost.
- Build an awesome relationship and rapport with the clients.
- Everyday management of the localization services to ensure their desired performance, development, execution of goals, as well as providing them with guidance and advice.
- Close cooperation with Sr VP and Directors of the company regarding the operational procedures, workflows, and good practices; making sure that the cooperation between teams is in line with the company’s projected profitability, desired goals, and along established communication lines.
- Creating and implementing procedures for the company’s operations; these contain, but are not limited to, operational procedures for the PM and localization teams, as well as supporting teams such as Games QAM Biz Dev, HR, Administration, IT, VO, Player Support.
- Identifying and proposing improvements to areas of potential financial, efficiency, or work culture risk; optimization of existing policies and workflows, improving communication and practices; developing short- and long-term plans to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Preparing or delegating preparation of budgets, schedules, plans, reports, analyses, presentations, and other documents needed by the management.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key external vendors and clients to ensure proper escalation chain, as well as improve operational activities and promote strategic goals of the company.
- Focus quality initiatives on a pro-active rather a reactive structure.
- Responsible for carrying out gap/root cause analysis and create improvement plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in the video game industry, specifically within localisation
- Must have a proven track record of leading a best-in-class localisation practice
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience building and growing technical teams
- Must have experience with conceptualisation and definition of procedures and processes as it relates to software, tools, internal procedures, hiring, etc.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and vision
- Ability to understand customer needs and requirements and put those needs into action
- Process focused
- Be comfortable interacting with top executives and have the ability to sell services
- Ability to travel as neccessary